Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton E-Mount Lens
Demand for this new lens is expected to outstrip supply so we recommend customers place an order in our system now in order to avoid disappointment.
These pre-orders can be cancelled for a no obligation refund up until time of shipment.
Mainline Photographics will let customers know when the items have arrived in our store and are about to be shipped.
Distinguished by its speed, the Nokton 40mm f/1.2 Aspherical from Voigtlander is a short normal prime designed for full-frame Sony E mirrorless cameras. Its comfortable focal length pairs with an impressively fast f/1.2 maximum aperture to enable notable control over depth of field for producing shallow depth of field imagery, and this aperture also benefits working in difficult lighting. Complementing the fast design is an optical layout that uses two aspherical elements to suppress spherical aberrations and distortion for notable sharpness, clarity, and accurate rendering. The lens's manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 1.1' away, and a Selective Aperture Control System allows you to de-click the manual aperture ring for smooth, silent exposure adjustment to suit filmmaking applications.
- Slightly wider-than-normal prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 60mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright, fast f/1.2 maximum aperture affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus techniques, and also benefits working in low-light conditions.
- Two aspherical elements are featured in the optical design to control spherical aberrations and improve clarity, sharpness, and resolution.
- Manual focus design permits smooth, refined control along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.1'.
- Ten-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth quality of bokeh.
- Selective Aperture Control System produces a stepless, de-clicked aperture ring, which provides silent and smooth exposure adjustment that is well-suited for video application. The aperture ring can also be configured to utilize traditional 1/3-stop clicks for more intuitive tactile control over exposure settings.
- Contacts transfer all Exif data between the camera and lens in order to permit full use of camera functions, including focus magnification, image stabilisation, and lens corrections.
See also Scott's blog post about these new lenses
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/22
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Manual Focus Design
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.1'
- Manual Aperture Ring Can Be De-Clicked
- 10-Blade Diaphragm
- Contacts Transfer Exif Data
- Focal Length 40mm
- Maximum Aperture f2
- Minimum Aperture f22
- Lens Construction 6 groups 8 elements
- Angle of View 55°
- Aperture Blade 10
- Minimum Focus 0.35m
- Macro Ratio 1:6.2
- Filter Size Ø58mm
- Maximum Diameter Approx. Ø70.1mm
- Length Approx. 59.3mm
- Weight Approx. 420g
- Mount E-mount Aperture Ring Available (Manual Setting)(1/3 stop increments)
- Electric Contact Available
- Manual Focus Assist Available
- Exif Data Available
- Auto Lens Correction Possible 5-Axis
- Image Stabilisation Possible * only on camera body with 5-Axis Image Stabilisation
- Other Selective Aperture Control System
- Supplied Accessory Front Cap, Rear Cap, Lens Hood
Please note all Voigtlander products are not available for international sale!